Tuesday, February 14, 2012

May le Saint-Valentin be with you!

Those who know me know that I typically dislike Valentine's Day and the general attempt to force romanticism in each others' face... this concept of wuv confuses and infuriates me! However, given that I am in the city of love, I thought I would make an exception this year and celebrate it with le boyfriend.  Lucky for us, Quick is selling limited edition burgers to celebrate the release of Star Wars 3D.  What better way to celebrate this special day with a couple of special (edition) burgers?

The Jedi Burger and the Dark Burger sold at Quick, no light-sabers included :(.  Taken from the Quick website.

I chose Le Dark Burger, a double cheese burger dripping with peppered sauce on a red-tinted bun speckled with pepper.  In fact, the amount of pepper sauce in it was a bit overwhelming (in quantity more than flavor).  Maybe that just shows that I am not completely taken by the dark side.  I also got les cheesy étoiles, which were deep-fried cheese thingies shaped into stars.

Le Jedi Burger (left) and le Dark Burger (right) with le cheesy etoile... another cheesy Star Wars-themed food item available at Quick.

Le boyfriend went with Le Jedi Burger, which is supposed be mustard-themed... but honestly, in a country where we find such good and strong-flavored mustard, this burger was not that flavorful.  Maybe it's because I had the overpowering Dark Burger first.  And once you go Dark Burger...

Le Jedi Burger and le Dark Burger with le boyfriend at Quick.

In the end, the burgers were fun but mediocre in taste.  I generally prefer le Big Mac to any Quick burger; French burgers just can't compete with American ones.

The two burgers are available in most Quicks in France until March 1st.  That's when they roll out the big guns: Le Vador Burger.  This burger on black buns will be available from March 2nd - March 5th.  Bad timing for me... I will be in the US enjoying normal colored burgers.

Le Vador Burger... come to the dark side!  Source: 7sur7


2 comments:

  1. You'd rather have le Big Mac than a Royale with Cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They stopped serving the Royale with Cheese!!!

    ReplyDelete